Renewal of full certificates (initial or professional) is currently based on completion of Professional Learning Units. If you have full certificates to renew, and are currently employed, your LEA (Superintendent or designee) must sign off that that you have completed the necessary PLUs. Please reach out to the Human Resources office where you are employed to find out about PLU sign off.

School Nurse Teacher and School Social Worker certificates must be renewed via a paper application as we require a copy of the appropriate Rhode Island license.  Renewal of emergency certificates is requested by the LEA where you are employed.

For more information on PLUs and certificate renewal, please visit the certification section of the RIDE website